ROLLER COASTER REVIEWS

Monday, September 17, 2012

TALON

Talon The Grip of Fear, Dorney Park

 After Alpengeist, one of my all-time least favourite coasters, I said that I would never again ride an inverted suspended coaster.  However, I was feeling adventurous and decided to try Talon, which looked pretty interesting.  It was interesting, more than interesting.  After the 135-foot lift hill, the train plunges 120 feet, banking right, and goes up into a 98-foot vertical loop.  There are four inversions in all, the other three being a zero-g roll, Immelmann loop and corkscrew.   I've never had so much being flat on my back!  Highlights of the ride include the zero-g roll and very low, steeply banked turn.  The latter element was really wild and a first for me.  I had an odd perception of being totally disconnected from the train, flying just above the ground.  At any rate, I found this ride immensely entertaining.  I had just gotten off Hydra the Revenge before getting on Talon and although Hydra has more inversions, I think that Talon is by far the better of the two rides.  In fact I would go as far as to say that it's one of the best inverts in existence.   4 1/2 out of 5 stars.  For more information about rides at Dorney Park, visit www.dorneypark.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment