ROLLER COASTER REVIEWS

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

TENNESSEE TORNADO

Tennessee Tornado, Dollywood


Because this coaster is pretty much obscured from view except for the lift hill and a large vertical loop, and I hadn’t researched it beforehand, I had no idea what I was letting myself in for.  I just hoped that it wasn’t anything too extreme, and it wasn’t.    After the train is dispatched, it goes around a bend, turns right and proceeds up the lift hill.   It then drops 128 feet,  banking right, on what proved to be a very good airtime hill, before entering a tunnel.   The ride features two overbanked turns and 3 inversions – 2 loops and a sidewinder.  The 110-foot loop  is purportedly the tallest one on an Arrow Dynamics coaster.   I thought that Tennessee Tornado was a pretty good coaster and a really fun ride, smoother than anticipated.    I'm not certain whether the on-ride cameras are still in  place (didn't notice) but as of 2008, Dollywood added video cameras to the first three rows,  enabling riders to record their rides and upload them onto YouTube.  3 1/2 out of 5 stars.  First photograph courtesy of Coasterimage.com.   (Unfortunately, my photographs are overexposed because I had to shoot into the sun through the trees.) For more information about rides at Dollywood, visit www.dollywood.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment