ROLLER COASTER REVIEWS

Saturday, May 4, 2013

BOOMERANG COAST TO COASTER

Six Flags Fiesta


I’d done a similar ride before but on a smaller scale, so that this was to some extent a fresh experience.  A coaster in operation at several Six Flags parks, Boomerang Coast to Coaster goes through the second part of the ride exactly in reverse of the first part.  Although not much fazes me when it comes to roller coasters and I consider myself a seasoned veteran, I must admit that the first part of the ride had me completely unnerved.  Being pulled up the first lift hill backwards made me feel as if I was about to pitch forward at any moment and I had to brace myself hard with my feet. This was slow torture.   Before reaching the top of the 116-foot lift hill - and none too soon, from my perspective - the catch car releases the train, sending the riders hurtling downhill through the loading station before rocketing up into a cobra roll followed by a vertical loop.  The train then ascends a second lift hill, facing forward, and without warning is sent downhill backwards before going through the 3 inversions in reverse.  I found that going down the second hill backwards was a lot easier than going up the first hill backwards but also found the inversions more disorienting when experienced in reverse.   Boomerang is a ride that packs quite a punch - maximum G-force is 5.2 - but it’s not for everyone and I personally found it to be a bit much.   One thing I will say in its favor is that the ride is relatively smooth.   I was comparing it with Flashback at Six Flags New England and while Flashback is a headbanger, Boomerang is not. 2 ½ out of 5 stars.  For more information about rides at Six Flags Fiesta, visit www.sixflags.com/fiestatexas/




No comments:

Post a Comment