ROLLER COASTER REVIEWS

Sunday, May 20, 2012

FLASHBACK

FLASHBACK
SIX FLAGS NEW ENGLAND


This coaster was a novel experience from beginning to end.  Going up a lift hill backwards was a first for me, and struck me as rather bizarre.  As the train was being pulled backwards I felt myself being pushed forward to the extent that it seemed as if I was going to be pushed out.  (Not a chance, as riders are restrained by harnesses.)   Not far from the top, the catch car releases the train and zoom, the riders are sent hurtling downhill without any warning.  The train proceeds through two corkscrews and a loop, then does it all in reverse.  Going downhill backwards felt as odd as going uphill backwards and this segment of the ride proved to be more intense than the first.  In one of the corkscrews I seemed to be flat on my back staring up at the sky, which in a way was pretty cool.  However, I didn’t find it as enjoyable as I might have because the force exerted in the corkscrews/ cobra roll caused me to hit my head against the headrest twice and bang one elbow while trying to regain a sense of balance.  That being said, Flashback was a pretty good ride.  3 ½ out of 5 stars.  For more information about rides at Six Flags New England, visit www.sixflags.com/newengland/




No comments:

Post a Comment